Thursday, March 25, 2010

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
-Psalm 37:4.

Last night we had a special speaker come to youth group from the "A team" to talk about relationships. I was a bit hesitant to go, in fear that I would be targeted because of my well known relationship with Joe. But boy was I wrong. When we got there we split the group up into guys and girls and that was so nice. One of the main verses that our speaker opened with was the one I wrote above (Pslam 37:4). I had heard this verse before, but never really thought about it. Last night was different, I was hit, hard. We talked about how if we really truly delight in the Lord then the desires of our heart will to delight in him. I know it's kinda confusing and it's hard to put into words. But the desires of our heart is what will make us truly happy. God will bless us according to the trust we have in him and how much of ourselves and our relationships are based on him.
Joe and I's relationship has struggled in this aspect. We were always so concerned about being with each other that we tend to forget about God. After youth group we discussed how a relationship is not right and unless it is centered on God. All I have to say is, "I'm soooo excited about where this is going to take me!!!" I'm so excited to talk openly with my best friend about the one thing that actually matters in life. I almost feel free, like this burden that I didn't even know I was carrying, is gone and has been lifted. It feels so good. I feel like I no longer am going to be held back or hesitant to talk with Joe about God, and I can't even believe it, it makes me ecstatic!!!
I'm also going to work on taking this aspect into my relationship with my parents and friends! I want to be completely honest with myself and with others about the struggles and highpoint I experience with God and my faith in the future!
I just am soooo incredibly amazed with the way that God showed himself last night at youth group and I'm so glad he told me I should go. I'm greatful for the people at youth group and for each person in my life that is going to help me and encourage me in my journey with Christ.

Last week was the semi-finals game for boys basketball. I rode there with Joe and then went to sit with my friends. It was a great time. I do have to say I'm going to miss being apart of the "Maroon Platoon."

A Couple weeks ago we went up north with my cousins the Draismas.
It was sooo fun! One of my cousins has a baby named Kennedy, she's 1.
My other cousin just had a baby names Makenzie, who is 3 months old.
Needless to say Jaycee and I enjoyed helping out all we could!!


The Family on our winter toys :)

A couple weeks ago I gave Joe a haircut. I was a little nervous because I'm the one who was going to be going out in public with him later that night, but all fears aside we went for it! Darci(his sister) was in Florida so she couldn't do it, and I was up next for the job!

All ready to go!

We love Crazy Horse!!

We did go to the beach for an adventure, but it was
very short lived. As you can see it's a little windy..
Joe couldn't even keep his eyes open :)

A couple weekends ago we went skiing up north.
Our friends, the Seitsemas have a cabin right next door to
ours, but only come up in the summer, so it was fun
for them to come up in the winter. We went skiing/snow
boarding with 14 of us! It was so much fun!

Wyrick Family

Father and Daughter :)


Kinda cool the way this picture worked out :)

We also had races on the ice!! Our neighbors
have little pit bikes and BOY are they a blast!!!
After riding for a couple hours I came home and
informed Joe I was in NEED of a pink and black
pit bike :) Needless to say he was quite proud his
girl friend had so much interest in dirt bikes!

I hope you enjoyed this SUPER long post!
Next time I write it will probably be about Spring Break!
We leave Wednesday night for New Symrna Beach with
6 of my girlfriends and their families! Can't wait!!
Safe travels to anyone who is going away!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna... thank you so much for sharing about how much the "A Team" talk meant to you. I love that verse that Jami shared about delighting in the LORD, then HE will give us the desires of our heart (because our #1 hearts' desire will be HIM!). I'm so thankful that you came and that God spoke to you through it. I'm glad to hear you feel a burden lifted and I'm proud of you for your faith and courage to talk about it and live it out. I pray that God continues to be the #1 desire in your heart! Thanks again for sharing... you are a blessing!!!
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete